HMG conducted a massive study for PepsiCo Inc. to gain a deeper contextual understanding of African-American shoppers.
Between September 2009 and April 2010, HMG conducted a massive study for PepsiCo Inc. The study was conducted in three phases:
- Qualitative: Conducted focus groups to uncover insights and provide direction for quantitative.
- Quantitative: Utilized a blended sample of on-line and telephone interviews among 2000 African Americans and 1,000 Caucasians.
- Ethnographies: Drill down into the biggest and best growth targets via in-home interviews and shop-a-longs.
The purpose of the study was to help a deeper contextual understanding of African-American shoppers in the following key areas:
- Shopping motivators and behaviors around 15 PepsiCo food and beverage categories
- Retailer perceptions an preferences
- Health and wellness
- Black Culture
Delivered a comprehensive report and presentation that included:
- A meaningful statistically projectable set of Black insights
- Health and Wellness mindset segmentation
- Shopper segmentation
- Projectable algorithm
- Additionally, HMG provided well filmed, keenly directed and edited video clips and a video gallery of targeted consumers shopping, discussing health and wellness, black culture and relevant methods for connecting with them.